The U.S. military’s long-comfortable technological edge is steadily eroding. To address that challenge, the Department of Defense seeks to leverage emerging technology, focusing heavily on autonomy, man-machine teaming, and machine learning and innovative ways to harness new technologies with tactics, techniques, and strategies to maintain a pacing edge over adversaries. How should the Sea Services meld technology and innovation to maintain our nation’s advantages?
• Predict the next emerging and disruptive technologies
• Describe how those technologies will be used by the U.S. military or against it
• Discuss practical approaches for fielding and wielding emerging and disruptive technologies rapidly, and getting them into the hands of warfighters
• Word Count: 2,500 words maximum (excludes endnotes/resources).
• Email essay as a Word attachment to [email protected] by 28 February 2019.
• Include Emerging & Disruptive Technologies Essay Contest on subject line of email.
• Include word count on title page but do not include your name on title page or within the essay.
• Provide a separate attachment to include bio and complete contact information.
• Note: Your essay must be original and not previously published (online or in print) or being considered for publication elsewhere.