Naval Institute Essay Contest
Faces of the Naval Academy
Anyone is eligible to enter and win this 150th birthday contest
☆ First prize wins $2,000 ☆ First Honorable Mention wins $1,500 ☆
☆ Second Honorable Mention wins $1,000 ☆ Submission Deadline: 31 March 1995 ☆
- Entry Rules for Faces of the Naval Academy Essay Contest: Essay must relate to the Naval Accdemy. "Faces" include architectural, philosophical, and human (staff, faculty, friends, future, etc).
- Essay must be original, must not exceed 2,500 words, and must not have been previously published. (An exact word count must appear on the title page.)
- Essay must be typewritten, double-spaced, on paper approximately 8 1/2 x 11". Submit two complete copies. If the essay is typed on an IBM-compatible computer, please send a disk and specify word processing software used.
- Each submission must include full name, rank (if applicable), biographical sketch, social security number, address, and office and home phone numbers.
- Essay must be postmarked on or before 31 March 1995.
- Send essay to: Faces of the Naval Academy Essay Contest • U.S. Naval Institute • 118 Maryland Ave • Annapolis, MD 21402-5035
Lieutenant Colonel Anthony J. Garcia, U.S. Marine Corps (Retired)
First Honorable Mention
Commander Jim Stavridis, U.S. Navy
Second Honorable Mention
Captain R. H. Smith, U.S. Navy (Retired)