Men at Sea is an opus of eight spectacularly drawn dark, poetic stories freely adapted by Riff Reb’s.
This collection offers:
- “A Smile of Fortune,” from Joseph Conrad
- “The Sea Horses” and “The Shamraken Homeward Bound,” from William Hope Hodgson
- “The Galley Slaves” and “The Far South,” from Pierre Mac Orlan
- “A Descent into the Maelstrom,” from Edgar Allan Poe
- “The Three Customs Officers,” from Marcel Schwob
- “The Shipwreck,” from Robert Louis Stevenson
These eight tales, themselves interspersed by seven double-page spreads dedicated to extracts from illustrated classics, deliver a rich, poetic, and masterfully crafted work of life and death on the sea.