Heroines of Past, Present, and Future
The focus of this year’s Naval History Conference—hosted by the U.S. Naval Academy and U.S. Naval Institute and made possible by a generous grant from the William M. Wood Foundation—promises to be truly special. While it always is difficult securing star-level participants for any program on any subject, we have been blessed by the engagement of proven women leaders across the nation and the military services for the Athena Conference, 8–9 September, at the U.S. Naval Academy.
Confirmed senior government and military participants are:
• The Honorable Janine Davidson, Undersecretary of the Navy
• The Honorable Deborah Lee James, Secretary of the Air Force
• U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
• Major General Lori E. Reynolds, USMC, Commanding General, Marine Forces Cyber Command
• Vice Admiral Jan E. Tighe, USN, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare.
Senior confirmed civilian participants include:
• Ms. Mary Barra, CEO and Chairman, General Motors Company