The minesweeper Revenge (AM-110, later MSF-110) was the sixth II.S. naval vessel to bear that name. Built by Winslow Marine Railway and Shipbuilding Company of Seattle, she originally was named the Right. Launched on 7 November 1942, she was renamed on 15 May 1943, and commissioned on 21 July 1943.
After training off Hawaii, she sailed for the Gilbert Islands, where she arrived on 12 November 1943. She participated in minesweeping and antisubmarine operations off Makin and Tarawa. She spent Christmas in Hawaii and on 13 January 1944 began mine sweeping prior to the invasion of Kwajalein. Following the invasion of Kwajalein, she assisted with antisubmarine and harbor-entrance-control operations. From February to May 1944, she was assigned escort duties throughout the Marshall, Gilbert, and Hawaiian Islands.