VFor convenience of reference these notes are arranged as follows:
A. Notes on ships of war, budgets, and personnel, the notes appearing under the head of the naval power to which they refer. Alphabetical arrangement is followed.
B. Miscellaneous Notes on Armor, Ordnance, Explosives, Torpedoes, etc. The arrangement is alphabetical and the principal heads are:
1. Ammunition. 13. Fortifications.
2. Armor. 14. Fuel.
3. Boats. 15. Gunpowder and Explosives.
4. Boilers. 16. Guns.
5. Canals, Harbors, and Water- 17. Guns: Firing.
ways. 18. Guns: Mounts.
6. Coaling Ship. 19. Instruments Used in Action, etc.
7. Coast Defense. 20. Machinery (auxiliary engines), etc.
8. Communications. 21. Operations (war or manoeuvers).