In recognition of the 75th anniversary of naval aviation, our newest essay mini-contest's subject is "Naval Aviation Today and in the Future." You pick the issue-strategy, tactics, personnel . . .
The three winning articles will be pulished in a special naval aviation issue of Proceedings in October. Cash prizes of $1,000, $750, and $500 will be awarded to the authors of these top three entries.
Please limit your article to 4,000 words and submit it by 1 May 1986.
If you do not have 4,000 words for us, write a 1,000–2,000-word professional note or a few-hundred-word comment.
Some entries not receiving a cash prize may be purchased at our regular rates.
Essay Mini-Contest Rules:
- Articles must be original and no longer than 4,000 words.
- All entries should be directed to Editor-in-Chief, USNI Proceedings (Naval Aviation), U. S. Naval Institute, Annapolis, MD 21402.
- Articles must be received on or before 1 May 1986 at the Naval Institute.
- Letters notifying the award winners will be mailed on or about 1 July 1986.
- All articles should be typewritten, double-spaced, and on 8½" x 11" paper.
- The winning articles will be published in the October Proceedings. Some entries not awarded a prize also may be selected for publication. The authors of such articles shall be compensated at the rate established for the feature for which they are bought.
- The Naval Institute Editorial Board will judge the competition.