The U.S. Naval Institute strives to obtain the most up-to-date and dynamic photography available for our many books and magazines. We thank you for your interest in providing images to the Naval Institute.
The general guidelines for submitting images are:
- We prefer to receive photo images digitally. We accept cross-platform (must be Mac and PC compatible) CDs with CMYK images at 300 dpi resolution (tiff or jpg). If emailing an image, send submissions to Photo Editor .
- We do not return prints or slides unless specified with a stamped return envelop, so please do not send original photographs.
- Payment for any use of photography is based upon a space rate fee of $25 for inside editorial, $50 for an article opener, and $200 for a cover.
- We negotiate fees with photographers who provide a volume of images for publication in books or as magazine pictorials.
- We sponsor three annual photo contests . (For additional information, see contest section.)
For additional information please contact the Photo Editor .