Providing a truly independent forum on national security is a noble mission—but independence requires financial support without compromise. One of the most effective ways to help the Institute sustain future programs and services is by becoming a member of the Quill and Sword Legacy Society.
Chief Executive Officer Tom Wilkerson has become a charter member. "Joining the Quill and Sword Legacy Society was a simple and ideal way for me to continue supporting the Institute's mission long after I retire. Membership does not require large personal wealth or time-consuming paperwork—just a simple phone call to our Foundation office," he said.
There are no minimum requirements for membership, which comes with a lifetime of benefits.
"Anyone who has already named USNI in their estate plans will automatically become a member of this distinguished society as soon as they inform us of their gift," Wilkerson added.
The Quill and Sword Legacy Society name invokes the Institute's crest, which depicts these two symbols of wisdom and power—characteristics that generous planned-gift donors will help USNI share for the next 133 years and beyond.
If you would like to assist in maintaining a strong, safe, democratic America defended by an informed, intelligent, responsible, and professional military, then please consider making a planned gift . First seek the counsel of your financial advisor, then contact Lisa Taylor at (410) 295-1063, or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Recent Honorary and Memorial Gifts
Gifts of support to the Naval Institute have been made in honor of the following individuals:
• Richard Allen, by Fred C. Strong
• Alton F. Bennett, by Blanche Carey
• LCDR Jack C. Bolander, by CDR Donald A. Palus
• CDR Mat M. Cain, by COL Milton R. Thompson
• RADM Colin Campbell, by Helen K. Groves
• William H. Caviston, by Elizabeth Bassett
• David Coverdale, by The Civil War Round Table of Milwaukee
• James Elstone Dow, by Catherine Ghostley
• CAPT W. J. Forgy, by Charles C. Blair
• John N. Gardner, by John A. Gardner
• RADM and Mrs. A. A. Giordano's anniversary, by CDR Sumner Kaplan
• D. J. and Ivan F. Guinn, by Dr. Gilbert S. Guinn
• Charles J. Hlavaty Sr., by Charles J. Hlavaty Jr.
• Calvin E. Ibendahl, by Jean Ibendahl
• Patrick Kosanovich, by Stephen Kosanovich
• John Ladise, by Eleanor Falco
• RADM Russell Marlor, by Russell L. Marlor
• James I. Middleton,by June Middleton
• SC1 James C. Nielsen, by Marjorie Nielsen
• Oscar, by Josephine E. Pater
• CDR Hugh Story Sr., by Mrs. Hugh Story
• LT Charles H. Woodworth, by Donald H. Woodworth
• LT Charles H. Woodworth, by William Woodworth
• John Wroten, by Dr. John Seelig
Memorial and honorary gifts to the Naval Institute Foundation are tax-deductible and can be mailed to the Naval Institute Foundation, 291 Wood Road, Annapolis, Maryland 21402, or made on-line at www.usni.org/donate . They can also be made over the phone by calling Sue Sweeney at (410) 295-1054 or contacting her at email@example.com .
Foundation News Archives